I was Chris' wife/caregiver & this is the medical blog I wrote during his treatment. Short history: dx in July 2010, no initial bone marrow involvement, did 5 rounds hyper-cvad protocol. Found out he is in relapse/refractory status with involvement in his chest, spleen, inguinal & throat lymph nodes, bone marrow, spine & brain in January 2011 when we went to MD Anderson for treatment. The two different rounds of chemo Chris got at MDA could not put him in remission; he died of leukemia/lymphoma on March 18th, 2011, an astonishing and horrific 8 months after his diagnosis.
There is a donation page for organizations here: http://chriscranecancer.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

todays counts

Counts for today are attached, waiting on the neutrophil diff. from the lab.  I tried to zoom in more on just the last few days info so hopefully it works better, let me know.
I have a scratchy throat so I'm wearing a mask to protect Chris from my germs.  He's pretty tired but feeling a bit better.  He's developed some painful mouth sores over the last few days.  
I'm heading to work about 3 to get some hours in today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment