I was Chris' wife/caregiver & this is the medical blog I wrote during his treatment. Short history: dx in July 2010, no initial bone marrow involvement, did 5 rounds hyper-cvad protocol. Found out he is in relapse/refractory status with involvement in his chest, spleen, inguinal & throat lymph nodes, bone marrow, spine & brain in January 2011 when we went to MD Anderson for treatment. The two different rounds of chemo Chris got at MDA could not put him in remission; he died of leukemia/lymphoma on March 18th, 2011, an astonishing and horrific 8 months after his diagnosis.
There is a donation page for organizations here: http://chriscranecancer.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wednesday's #'s are up too!

hemoglobin:              8.7 (unchanged and above 8.0 is what they want to see)
platelets:                    153!  (yesterday was 84, 153 is within normal ranges!)
white blood cells:     2.9! (yesterday was 2.1)
neutrophils:                 5 (still very low, but they were 0 for the last week)

His Dr. hasn't made rounds yet today so we don't know if he is coming home today.  I don't know, but I'm thinking his neutrophils need to get a bit higher first.  He hasn't had much energy yesterday and today.  He's been pretty nauseous and hasn't had much of an appetite.  I want him home before he has to come back on Monday but I mostly want him to feel better before he has to start chemo again.
He has been here 7 days, his longest hospital stay since this all started.  It's no fun having low counts but the private room has been wonderful.  I'm usually at the hospital for 8-12 hours a day with him, when he shares a room I don't stay as long.  
I'll update again after we see his Dr.

No comments:

Post a Comment